Friday 5 June 2009

It's a small world

I was on Ravelry this week, looking for a skirt pattern. I found this pattern by Gudrun Johnston. She was born and raised in Shetland, met her American husband in Edinburgh, and they now live in the States. On her blog I read about the Owl sweater which led me to Kate's blog. Kate is a designer living in Edinburgh, and on her blog she has photos of said Owl Sweater. One was of someone called Wendy, from Philadelphia. I looked on Ravelry for Wendy, and found her blog. I could hardly believe it when the current post showed a picture of, and post about, Ysolda Teague
I met Ysolda last year in Edinburgh, and here she was, in Philly. Ysolda is another designer, based in Edinburgh, but when I read her blog, it appears she's on a mini-tour of the States, publicising her book.

Last night I went to a stitch 'n' bitch at K1 Yarns in Edinburgh, where Ysolda worked part time before she went on her book tour.

I feel I've gone full circle in only 24 hours. It is a small world, and you can't hide, especially if you're on Ravelry LOL.

I don't know if I'll knit the Owl sweater, but I had a great time reading all the blogs I've mentioned. I will probably do Gudrun's skirt though.

2 comments:

HODGEPODGESPV said...

how many degrees of separation is that?

Tartanqueen said...

Not very many LOL - I don't know what counts as I went full circle....